The cold winter weather not only welcomes wonderful holiday festivities, but also various pests that might make their way into your building. To keep your workspace clean and clear of any unwanted visitors, it’s time to see what Irvine janitorial services can do to keep pests out.
Sometimes we are not aware of what habits we have that can lead to pest infestation. To be more aware of what pests we can attract to our facility, here’s a rundown of what pests to look out for:
- Flies – Even though flies are more common in the summer time, these disease-carrying flies can easily reproduce indoors if given the proper environment.
- Roaches – Roaches are fast to reproduce and resilient if you don’t address a roach problem right away; It can lead to infestation and increased health concerns down the road.
- Mice and Rats – These furry animals are always on the hunt for food and warmth, making them willing to chew through almost anything to get what they need to survive.
To prevent pests and rodents from running around the office during the winter season, employers should:
- Seal up any cracks or openings in the building’s exterior. This will help to keep pests and rodents from entering the building.
- Install door sweeps and weather stripping to help keep pests and rodents out. They can also install screens on all of the windows.
- Place traps and bait in areas where pests and rodents are likely to be found.
With the correct preparation and plan to collaborate with an Irivne janitorial services company or ICS expert, the winter months can be cleaner and safer from nasty pests.